About me

My photo
I love cooking, scrapbooking, spending time with my husband, and reading. Together we love to go on cruises and vacation whenever we get the chance.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Diet: Day 4


So far, everyday that I am on this no carbs kick the diet gets easier. I am finding more foods I am able to eat and I am even trying to satisfy my sweet tooth with some low carb desserts. :) I am also feeling better due to all the working out my friend and I have been doing. We have gone running now two days this week and I can't believe how out of shape, in regards to running, I am. We slightly improved from Tuesdays run, instead of running an embarassing 15:00 mile, we ran a slightly less embarassing 13:30 mile.
I guess we all have to start somewhere and she hasn't run in a while and I haven't run since December because of my knee and physical therapy so we are on the same learning curve. Yesterday I was so sore from running and doing weights at the gym, it was painful to sit down in a chair or climb stairs but that just means it is working.
Saturday, the hubby and I are taking Blitz to OKC for his weekly training sessions and while we are there I need to run some errands and get groceries for my low carb diet I can't find in the town I live in. They have this health food store called "Akins Natural Food Center" and from what the website looked like, it's similar to a Whole Foods (which, by the way, they have ONE in OK but it's all the way in Tulsa which is too far of a drive to get groceries but if I'm desperate I will make the trek. I digress). I am actually getting really excited for this low carb diet, I have already lost 1.5 lbs since starting on Monday and I hope that in a week and a half I will have lost a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment