About me

My photo
I love cooking, scrapbooking, spending time with my husband, and reading. Together we love to go on cruises and vacation whenever we get the chance.
Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Monday, July 26, 2010

South Beach Diet


Recently a friend our mine and my husbands announced that she was starting a diet to prepare for her wedding, the South Beach Diet. I have been hearing about this diet for years but was never into traditional diets so I wrote it off. But as I am becoming painfully aware of how much weight I need to lose in order to get to my ideal weight, I have decided to move away from my calorie counting and exercise since none of it has been working for me for the last 3 years, and try this South Beach Diet plan. From what I have read about it online and the different phases involved, the first two weeks seem like the hardest, basically giving up all carbs and sugars.
Today is the first day of my diet and so far it has not been easy, I am so tempted by all the things I used to eat (carbs, carbs, and more carbs) around me that I can already tell this is going to be a rough week. Hopefully, at the end of this first phase, I will have something to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment